Monday, December 10, 2012

CHRISTMAS CARDS AND THE FAKE FLU

I am just loving getting all my Christmas cards from my buddies here in blogworld.  I have 47 and my parents have 2.  We all laugh about it and the grandmonsters just love it to.  My Daddy just shakes his head and marvels at the amount of cards rolling in each day for me.  My Mom says they are healing our hearts and we should be grateful for them and you.

My mom stayed home from work on Friday cos she thought she had the flu. She was super tired, but no pukes or headache or nothing just tired and icky looking.  She cleaned the house a little and laid around with me all day.  She did the same thing on Saturday which bummed her out cos she had shopping to do. Sunday came and she was even more tired and icky feeling. Now she is back to work, and Dad is off today with me so I have had lots and lots of hugs.  Mom got to thinking that maybe it wasn't the flu at all but that she was just heartsick.  I think she's right, cos right now her heart is mostly held together by fragile cobwebs and its not very strong. She and I both know it will get stronger and heal but not yet.  When we read all your understanding and sharing words it gets stronger. When one of you call us to just let us know that you care it gets stronger. We believe each and everyone of you are our heartlights and that makes us stronger.

The holidays are a fun time and a hard time for most people. I am glad I am here for my parents and that they are here for me. We are blessed to have each other and you.
stella rose and mean ole cat dietzman

15 comments:

  1. Stella Rose you take care of mum. It has been a really stressful time and it is no wonder mum has been under the weather. Take care all and we wish you well.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know with each passing day you all are getting stronger and stronger. One thing you said about cobweds struck a cord with me. While we might think of cobwebs as easily broken the truth is the strength of spider webs is greater than the same weight of steel and has much greater elasticity. In fact it's micro-structure is being investigated for potential applications in industry, including bullet-proof vest and artificial tendons. Those cobwebs that are holding your heart together are stronger than you know.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do you look adorable. You are good healing medicine for mom
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great ... getting fun mail! We are loving our cards, too! Our pawrents have 6 cards to our 50+!

    It sounds like you did a good job taking care of your mama! We are taking care of our sick mama today. She stayed home from work so we could take care of her!

    Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty & Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you help your mom heal her heart and heal your own too. It's just a hard thing to go through. Be gentle with yourselves and cuddle extra!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad our cards are helping all your hearts! I sent mine on Thursday, so you should get it soon. Maybe even today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hawooo woooo! I always get way more Christmas cards than pops...take care of your mum, merry Christmas to everyone!! BOL!!!

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Miss Stella, I believes your momma's heart had da sickies,it is a real thing. But it will gets betters withs time and love from all of us. Da heart is purty darn fragile but still resilient. You gives hers a big hug from me okay and tells her dat me and my mum is thinkin' of ya'll.
    What Goose said was absolutely right on!
    I is havin' so much fun gettin' all my cards. I gotted yours today but I can't open it til My Girl gets home from school.

    Yeppers, my mum goes to da gym 2x a day and dat be why her elbow is in da shape it be in...overuse. But no, hers don't cook or sew...hehehe.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Stella, I have a terrible cold and Scarlet has been the best medicine for me, snoozing on my belly. Just know you are doing so much to help heal your pawrents hearts.

    We love you ♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stella,
    My Mommy #2 was home with the flu last week. I did my best to stay by her side, keep her feet warm, and help her heal. She is better now. We pugs, so much work, so little time, huh?
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do your very best to take care of your mom every day she needs your support at this tough time

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  12. We know that with love of family and friends, we can make it through the hardships and pain that life throws are way. I'm glad that you guys have each other and that the cards are making you all smile!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  13. WE all KNOW what you are going through. WE Understand and WE know that you are really helping your mom and dad and Dietzman and YOURSELF... to keep moving and Loving. We are here fur ALL of you.

    hey... my mom has LOTS of Cobwebs... would you need some more??? We could tell her to get them down from the ceilings and get them off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am hoping your hearts heal a little more each day.
    Cob webs are not always very strong- but with love the cob webs get stronger.
    i understand
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you know Stella Rose, we'll ALWAYS be here for you and your family.

    Yes, Christmas is a rough time for many of us. I for one, understand completely!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete